Monday, September 10, 2012

Questions to ask yourself

While searching the web for worthy content for my blog I came across this website;
http://blogs.psychcentral.com/weightless/2012/08/body-image-booster-ask-yourself-these-23-questions/

Considering that I am dealing with body image issues myself, I thought these were some excellent questions to ask myself!! I want to share them with you  :)


  1. If my body could talk right now, what would it say?
  2. What do I need right now?
  3. What’s one way I can celebrate my body every day?
  4. What’s something that makes me feel worse about my body? (e.g., women’s magazines, diet books, keeping a scale at home.)
  5. What people make me feel bad about my body and myself? Why?
  6. What people make me feel better about my body and myself? Why?
  7. What helps me to feel comfortable in my own skin?
  8. What doesn’t?
  9. What do I need to feel nourished, energized and strong?
  10. What helps me deal with stress in a healthy way?
  11. What has my body helped me do in the last few days?
  12. What helps me express my emotions effectively?
  13. What are the bare essentials I need to feel good?
  14. What can I eliminate from my life that doesn’t make me feel good?
  15. What are my favorite ways to move my body?
  16. What brings me joy?
  17. What does a positive body image mean to me?
  18. What does it look like?
  19. What does self-love mean to me?
  20. What does it look like?
Here is a list I thought of of things to do that might make you feel better about yourself/ help recovery
  • volunteer
  • gardening/growing something
  • read a good/funny/how-to book
  • learn a new skill (e.g.knitting, painting, sewing, horse back riding)
  • paint your room a new colour
  • call up an old friend
  • write a letter to someone in the hospital, senior home etc.
  • donate $ or time to a charity
  • adopt a cat/dog from a shelter
Hilary Duff!! :) She's my favourite celeb/singer/actress
She herself struggled with body image as well. She was very skinny a few years ago but now she's happy & healthy!! (and married...and a mother of a beautiful baby)

No comments:

Post a Comment