Saturday, September 15, 2012

Shopping Disaster

I was looking forward to this fitting appointment for a while now.
As part of the fall fair ambassador program you go to a certain store to pick out a formal dress and a casual outfit for a fashion show type idea.
I do not go shopping often because I can't afford much so I was looking forward to trying on some nice clothes without the price tag.
The store specializes in adult women clothes, not teens, kids or males.
I knew the sizes were mostly size 4+ but I figured they would have some stuff I would fit.
I am a size 2, and working on becoming a size 4.
So we start looking at dresses. None looked small enough to fit me!
Most were gorgeous & I wished I could try them on but they would be way too big.
All my life I wanted to be skinny like the models. And now I am skinny I can't even wear the clothes I want! Life is not fair.
I say it again...
Life is not fair.
Finally after trying on over 10 different dresses, they pulled out a dress from the basement that thankfully fit me!! In fact it fit me perfectly!! I was soo happy.
The dress was also very pretty. A dark blue, just shorter than knee length with some crystals on the top.
Then came the next round. A casual outfit...should be easy but wrong!
Nothing was my size-or near it. And I didn't even like most of it anyways.
We settled on a gray & black striped long sleeve shirt with a black legging (and because I am short the leggings pooled at my ankles) with a turquoise purse to add a pop of colour.
A 30 hour appointment took 1 1/2 hours.
Well I am happy that is over.
Anyone have a similar story? I would love to hear it!
I will master this.
No matter your size, love your body & be healthy! Enjoy life!

No comments:

Post a Comment